We’re Working Hard to Keep You Safe from COVID
As California and Alameda County continue to adjust COVID-19 restrictions, eye care is considered essential, and we remain open with strict protocols to keep everyone safe.
To ensure our patients’, staff’s, and doctors’ safety; we have implemented protocols consistent with guidelines by the CDC, OSHA, and Alameda County Department of Public Health.
- Patients are expected to arrive to their appointments wearing masks that are compliant with the county’s order. N95 masks, surgical masks, cloth masks, and bandanas are all acceptable. Masks with exhalation valves are not acceptable.
- We are limiting the number of patients allowed in our office at one time. Patients and customers will be asked to wait outside or in their cars until we can accommodate them. Simple glasses adjustments or order pick-ups may be completed outside to minimize waiting times.
- Patients should arrive alone without guests or family members. When a minor is a patient, they must be accompanied by one adult. Other siblings or family members who cannot wait in the car should be left at home.
- Patients should complete all forms online before their appointment time. Leaving forms to be completed during the actual appointment time may not leave adequate time for the exam and may result in the appointment being rescheduled to a later date.
- Patients should send us a text message upon their arrival and wait in their car. When ready, a technician will call to begin the exam interview process over the phone. The technician will then meet the patient at the door to take their temperature and ensure proper mask wear. Patients will then have the option of using hand sanitizer or washing their hands with soap and water. If a patient arrives already wearing gloves, they will be asked to remove and discard them, and replacement gloves will be provided upon request.
- Doctors and staff will be masked at all times for your protection. Breath shields are in place at all service counters. Breath shields are also in place in each exam room. Exam rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each patient.
- Shoppers are welcome to browse and add glasses frames to a tray before sitting down to try them on in front of a mirror. All touched frames will then be cleaned and sterilized before being replaced on the display shelves.
We understand our new protocol greatly changes the Iron Horse Optometric experience, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding while we adjust to a new way of doing things. If you have any concerns or need any extra accommodations, please call us so we can help.