Dr. Christopher Gee Elected Trustee of COA
Congratulations to our own Dr. Christopher Gee for having been elected to serve on the Board of Trustees of the California Optometric Association!
At the COA’s annual House of Delegates meeting in San Diego, CA earlier this year, member optometrists from across the state voted to elect the officers to lead their association.
Dr. Ranjeet Bajwa, of Ventura, CA was elected as president of the COA, and Dr. Ron Seger, of Mountain View, CA was elected as president-elect. Dr. Gee will serve a two-year term on the Board of Trustees helping to steer the historied association to better serve optometrists and the public they care for.
Members of the California Optometric Association maintain their duty to:
- Keep the visual welfare of the patient uppermost at all times,
- Promote in every possible way, in collaboration with the association, better care of the visual needs of humanity,
- Continually enhance their educational & technical proficiency to the end that their patients shall receive the benefits of all acknowledged improvements in visual care,
- See that no person shall lack for visual care, regardless of financial status,
- Advise the patient whenever consultation with an optometric colleague or reference for other professional care seems advisable,
- Hold in professional confidence all information concerning a patient and to use such data only for the benefit of the patient,
- Conduct themselves as exemplary citizens,
- Maintain their offices and their practices in keeping with professional standards, and
- Promote & maintain cordial & unselfish relationships with members of their own profession & of other professions for the exchange of information to the advantage of humanity.
Dr. Gee, along with Dr. Sara Chiu, has been an active member of the COA since they were still students at the School of Optometry at UC Berkeley. Dr. Emmeline Jang joined upon her arrival back to California after having attended school in New York City. All three doctors at Iron Horse Optometric Group continue to pledge to uphold the standards & ideals of the profession of optometry.